- What is the difference between a balcony and a mezzanine?
- Is balcony seating any good?
- What is mezzanine in Theatre?
- What is the best seat in Broadway show?
- What is the largest Broadway Theatre?
- Can I wear jeans to Broadway show?
- What makes Broadway so special?
- What is the best musical of all time?
- Why are Broadway shows so expensive?
- Is a Broadway show worth it?
- How much does it cost to see a Broadway show?
- Can you bring water into a Broadway show?
- How much do Broadway stars get paid?
- How long do Broadway rehearsals last?
- How competitive is Broadway?
- How much do Broadway actors make Hamilton?
What is the difference between a balcony and a mezzanine?
The mezzanine is different than the balcony-it is lower and closer to the stage (and front mezzanine seats are generally the same price as orchestra seats, while balcony seats are usually the least expensive). … If so, the balcony will be higher and farther away.
Is balcony seating any good?
The balcony seats tend to be pretty high up, but they might be the best choice for the budget-conscious. However, you might be better off with front balcony seats than with rear mezzanine, especially at older theaters such as the Lyceum, the Belasco, and the Shubert.
What is mezzanine in Theatre?
There are two areas of a theatre that are considered mezzanine seating. Theatre mezzanine seats are all of the seats in the first balcony. These seats traditionally overhang approximately the first 12 rows of the orchestra seats. Also, the first row of any balcony seats is considered mezzanine seats.
What is the best seat in Broadway show?
The best seats are at least 4 or 5 rows back in the center up to about the 12th row. Most seats in the front mezzanine (up to 6 or so rows back) are also quite good.
What is the largest Broadway Theatre?
Can I wear jeans to Broadway show?
Answer: There is no dress code for Broadway shows. Some people like to dress up and make a night of it, and some people will go in jeans. … One thing to keep in mind, however, is that like movie theaters, Broadway shows can be very highly air conditioned in the summer, so bring a sweater.
What makes Broadway so special?
The Theater District is home to 40 large professional theaters. … Many people believe the theatrical productions on Broadway are the best in the world. Each year, the best Broadway shows are awarded Tony Awards. Broadway shows are one of the most popular tourist attractions in New York City.
What is the best musical of all time?
35 Best Musical Movies of All Time, From Timeless Classics to New Favorites
- The Sound of Music (1965) 20th Century Fox. …
- La La Land (2016) Lionsgate. …
- Les Misérables (2012) Lionsgate. …
- Grease (1978) Paramount Pictures. …
- Mama Mia! ( 2008) …
- Moulin Rouge! ( 2001) …
- Annie (1982) Columbia Pictures. …
- My Fair Lady (1964) Warner Bros.
Why are Broadway shows so expensive?
1) Because People Are Buying Tickets. It’s pretty much as simple as that – ticket pricing is set at the maximum that people are willing to pay, and attendance figures for Broadway shows (both musicals and non-musicals) has only gone up over the years.
Is a Broadway show worth it?
It is definitely worth it but it may no longer be affordable depending on what you want to see. “Hamilton” is brilliant. One of the best musicals EVER. But unless you can find deeply discounted tickets and plan well in advance, a ticket in the mezzanine can easily cost you around $300 to $400.
How much does it cost to see a Broadway show?
Regular Price tickets generally range from $20 to $175. You can expect to pay higher prices for the best seats to hit shows on weekend nights. On the other hand, you can save money if you’re willing to sit in upper-level mezzanine seats or be flexible about performance dates and times.
Can you bring water into a Broadway show?
Can you bring food/drinks into a Broadway theatre? Generally, no. … Many theatres will allow you to bring in a bottle of water, especially if it is sealed. Open containers are generally not allowed.
How much do Broadway stars get paid?
Broadway actors make a weekly minimum wage of $2,168, according to Broadway Journal and a recent post on Backstage.
How long do Broadway rehearsals last?
How competitive is Broadway?
Broadway is very competitive–extremely competitive–but it’s also wonderful and rewarding and an experience like no other. Do the work now that will get you in the right doors, get you in the right auditions, get you in the right BFA programs, and get you in the right shows. That’s what’s going to get you on Broadway.
How much do Broadway actors make Hamilton?
That said, there is confirmation that each main cast member made at least $3,400 a week for their actors’ salaries (and even more after a crucial deal was signed.) According to The New York Times, Broadway actors make a union-mandated minimum of $1,900 a week, which would amount to $116,300 a year.