- What does obloquy mean?
- What infamy means?
- What does colloquy mean?
- What does vituperation mean?
- What does morass mean?
- Is a colloquy conversation?
- How do you use the word colloquy in a sentence?
- How do you use commensurate?
- How do you use soliloquy in a sentence?
- What is a synonym for colloquy?
- What is another word for chivalry?
- What's another word for lucrative?
- What is another word for commensurate?
- What does commensurate pay mean?
- What does commensurate with age mean?
- What is the opposite of commensurate?
- What is the opposite of nullify?
- What part of speech is distraught?
- What is the meaning of disproportionate?
- What does prude mean?
- What is another word for disproportionately?
What does obloquy mean?
a strongly condemnatory utterance
What infamy means?
or evil act
What does colloquy mean?
1 : conversation, dialogue a colloquy between senators. 2 : a high-level serious discussion : conference a colloquy between the trial judge and defendant.
What does vituperation mean?
1 : sustained and bitter railing and condemnation : vituperative utterance. 2 : an act or instance of vituperating.
What does morass mean?
1 : marsh, swamp. 2a : a situation that traps, confuses, or impedes a legal morass. b : an overwhelming or confusing mass or mixture a morass of traffic jams— Mary Roach.
Is a colloquy conversation?
In law, a colloquy is a routine, highly formalized conversation. … The term may be applied to the conversation that takes place when a defendant enters into a plea bargain and the judge is supposed to verify that the defendant understands that he is waiving his right to a jury trial.
How do you use the word colloquy in a sentence?
Colloquy in a Sentence ?
- From my bedroom, I could hear portions of my parents’ colloquy about my poor grades. …
- Jane knew her job was in danger when her manager called her into his office for a colloquy about productivity. …
- During the colloquy, the lawyers discussed a plea deal for the defendant.
How do you use commensurate?
- 1 : corresponding in size, extent, amount, or degree : proportionate was given a job commensurate with her abilities.
- 2 : equal in measure or extent : coextensive lived a life commensurate with the early years of the republic.
- 3 : commensurable sense 1.
How do you use soliloquy in a sentence?
Soliloquy in a Sentence ?
- Speaking her internal thoughts as she moved about, the Broadway star gave a stellar soliloquy through her moving speech. …
- A closing soliloquy moved the crowd to tears as they were given a glimpse into the dying man’s fears and hopes.
What is a synonym for colloquy?
colloquy. Synonyms: conference, consultation, conversation, council, confabulation. Antonyms: clamor, outcry, tumult, babel.
What is another word for chivalry?
In this page you can discover 40 synonyms, antonyms, idiomatic expressions, and related words for chivalry, like: courtesy, knight-errantry, valor, gallantry, honor, courage, noble, dignity, fairness, brave and chivalrous.
What’s another word for lucrative?
In this page you can discover 17 synonyms, antonyms, idiomatic expressions, and related words for lucrative, like: profitable, gainful, productive, fruitful, cut-throat, remunerative, risky, worthwhile, unprofitable, advantageous and moneymaking.
What is another word for commensurate?
In this page you can discover 24 synonyms, antonyms, idiomatic expressions, and related words for commensurate, like: corresponding, proportionate, alike, equivalent, equal, adequate, balanced, even, parallel, comparable and appropriate.
What does commensurate pay mean?
Commensurate with experience
What does commensurate with age mean?
adjective. Corresponding in size or degree; in proportion. ‘salary will be commensurate with age and experience’ More example sentences. ‘such heavy responsibility must receive commensurate reward’
What is the opposite of commensurate?
corresponding in size or degree or extent. “pay should be commensurate with the time worked” Antonyms: incommensurate, disproportionate, incommensurable.
What is the opposite of nullify?
nullify. Antonyms: confirm, perpetuate, reenact, stabilitate, establish, cherish. Synonyms: abrogate, neutralize, cancel, abolish, extinguish, annul, quash, repeal.
What part of speech is distraught?
|part of speech:||adjective|
|related words:||frantic, mad, neurotic, turbulent|
|Word CombinationsSubscriber feature About this feature|
What is the meaning of disproportionate?
: having or showing a difference that is not fair, reasonable, or expected : too large or too small in relation to something. See the full definition for disproportionate in the English Language Learners Dictionary.
What does prude mean?
: a person who is excessively or priggishly attentive to propriety or decorum especially : a woman who shows or affects extreme modesty.
What is another word for disproportionately?
In this page you can discover 21 synonyms, antonyms, idiomatic expressions, and related words for disproportionate, like: asymmetrical, asymmetric, excessive, inadequate, unbalanced, irregular, superfluous, incommensurate, unequal, uneven and unrelative.