Press "Enter" to skip to content

Start Searching the Answers

The Internet has many places to ask questions about anything imaginable and find past answers on almost everything.

Is a melamine sponge the same as a magic eraser?

Clean magic erasers hit the scene, I’ve been using them to tackle some of the tougher jobs around the house. But I recently discovered that there are generic versions of magic erasers—it’s just a non-proprietary material called melamine foam—that can be scooped up for cheaper than the Mr. Clean brand.

Are melamine sponges safe?

They’re good for a few uses, and then they start to break down, rendering them useless. However, while melamine foam is not biodegradable, it’s not toxic to the environment. … There have been reports of children experiencing skin damage after using melamine erasers for an extended period of time.

What is melamine sponge used for?

Did you know that melamine foam is used as insulation, soundproofing material and in cleaning products like the ScrubX melamine sponge? Melamine is an effective abrasive cleaner. The abrasive foam loosens up dirt and grime, then absorbs and traps it in the sponge.

Do Magic Erasers have chemicals in them?

Clean Magic Eraser is completely safe when used according to directions, and poses no health risks or safety concerns . . . … One ingredient in Magic Eraser (formaldehyde-melamine-sodium bisulfite copolymer) contains the word “formaldehyde” in its chemical name.

Does Magic Eraser have cleaner in it?

What Is It? The Mr. Clean Magic Eraser is “Durafoam” sponge, advertised as a catch-all cleaning tool, capable of banishing everything from permanent marker to soap scum to beet juice. All you need to do is dampen the sponge and it goes to work on scuffs and stains, without any added detergents or cleaning solution.

Is Magic Eraser toxic to dogs?

Clean magic eraser poisonous to dogs if they ingest it? … Clean Magic erasers are non-toxic to dogs. CriticalCareVet : They can cause stomach upset and rarely a blockage.

What if my dog ate a magic eraser?

Clean Magic Erasers are non-toxic, if your dog ate a big piece of magic eraser, they could potentially experience a gastrointestinal blockage, while if your dog tore the sponge into tiny pieces, they may be able to pass through the body and come out when your dog poop.

Is Magic Eraser safe for pets?

Magic Eraser is considered non-toxic,” they explained. “As with any sponge-like product, when swallowed this product may block the gastrointestinal tract. Therefore, we do advise to keep this product out of the reach of children and pets to avoid accidental ingestion — it is not a toy. “

Can dogs eat erasers?

These are definitely not digestible materials; however, they are not toxic, and most can pass through the digestive system without causing any problems. You may even notice bits of undigested eraser within 24 hours of your dog eating it.

Is eating an eraser dangerous?

Swallowing a pencil eraser may lead to an intestinal blockage, which can cause abdominal pain, nausea, or vomiting.

Are kneaded erasers toxic?

Fortunately, most kneaded erasers are NOT toxic. So if your child, yourself or a pet animal has tasted one accidentally or even ate some part of it, there will be no risk to their health!

What do I do if my dog ate the leather off a baseball?

If you want answers sooner, you should have him checked by your vet. There is a chance if he swallowed it whole, that it is still in the stomach and might be retrieved by inducing vomiting, or using an endoscope to get it out. Leather does not show up well on an Xray, but if it is a whole piece, it might.

Is it bad if my dog ate a napkin?

If it’s a paper napkin, he’ll be fine. He probably digested it fairly easily so you won’t see any signs of it on the way out. If it was cloth you would have to worry about a blockage and take him to the E vet.

Can dogs chew on leather belts?

The leather itself is unlikely to be toxic to your dog or poisonous in any way. … You would be therefor be wise to monitor your dog for such signs as vomiting, lethargy, not eating, straining or abdominal pain and of course consult your vet without delay if you do see such symptoms.

What happens if dogs eat leather?

Even if it’s a small amount of leather, see your vet right away if you notice signs or symptoms of an intestinal obstruction, which include vomiting (especially after eating), diarrhea, failure to eat, weakness or sluggishness and weight loss. So basically, GO SEE YOUR VET!!!

Why do dogs love leather?

Why do dogs lick leather? Dogs may lick leather because they might have obsessive/compulsive disorder or they might lick mainly because they smell drink, food spills or crumbs, and your scent. They also lick usually because they perceive the leather item as a giant beef chew toy.

What is pica in a dog?

Pica is the consumption of non-food substances. Coprophagy, the technical term for the eating of feces, is one of the most common forms of pica in dogs. Both coprophagia and pica in general can cause problems for pets, and sometimes are the result of an underlying medical condition.

Can a dog pass an intestinal blockage?

Blockages can occur anywhere along the digestive tract. Some may be able to pass into the esophagus, but not into the stomach. Others may pass into the stomach but not into the intestines or become lodged in the intricate twists and turns of a dog’s intestines.

Why is my dog throwing up brown stuff that smells like poop?

A foul smell can also accompany a dark brown vomiting if your dog has ingested feces. Blockages can develop from the digestion of bone, rawhide or a growth in the abdomen. Items will move through the gastrointestinal tract in around 10 to 24 hours, and signs of a blockage will occur within 24 hours after ingestion.

Can a dog lick Vaseline?

If your dog has licked or eaten Vaseline, you have absolutely no reason to be alarmed. Vaseline is non-toxic to dogs. However, if your dog has consumed a fairly large amount, it will likely make them sick, causing upset stomach, vomiting, and/or diarrhea.

Is hydrogen peroxide safe for dogs?

DO NOT use soaps, shampoos, rubbing alcohol, hydrogen peroxide, herbal preparations, tea tree oil, or any other product to clean an open wound, unless specifically instructed to do so by your veterinarian.

Can Vaseline harm dogs?

Technically no, vaseline is not toxic to your dog. It is also usually not the best choice as your dog can lick it off their skin or paws. If your pup ingests enough they might get an upset stomach, which can lead to vomiting or diarrhea if they ingest enough.

Why do dogs lick Vaseline?

Generally Vaseline or Petroleum Jelly is not harmful to dogs. A dog may lick Vaseline because it smells or tastes nice. This is especially true if it’s a lip balm or product with flavoring. Licking you after you have applied Vaseline may lead to the ingestion of this product.