- How can I write sentence in English?
- What is conjunction give 10 examples?
- What are the 10 examples of conjunction?
- What are examples of conjunction words?
- What are the 7 conjunctions?
- What's another word for conjunction?
- What is sentence definition and example?
- What is sentence and its types?
- What is sentence in English grammar with examples?
- What's the meaning of statement?
- What are examples of statement?
- What is the other name of statement?
- What is the difference between sentence and statement?
- What is an example of a statement sentence?
- What are the types of sentences?
- What is the relationship between a sentence and statement?
How can I write sentence in English?
Here are some tips:
- Use appropriate verbs. I visited my Grandma. …
- Use adverbs and adjectives. We slowly walked to a quiet lake.
- Use expressions of place and time. We walked to a quiet lake on Saturday morning. …
- Do not write too many facts into one sentence – use ›better‹ constructions. It was nice. …
- Connect sentences.
What is conjunction give 10 examples?
Just as I was watching the football match on TV, electricity went off. Though it is raining, they swam in the pool. We can meet you wherever you want. While I was playing with the children, he came the park.
What are the 10 examples of conjunction?
Examples of Conjunctions
- I tried to hit the nail but hit my thumb instead.
- I have two goldfish and a cat.
- I’d like a bike for commuting to work.
- You can have peach ice cream or a brownie sundae.
- Neither the black dress northe gray one looks right on me.
- My dad always worked hard so we could afford the things we wanted.
What are examples of conjunction words?
A conjunction is a word that is used to connect words, phrases, and clauses. There are many conjunctions in the English language, but some common ones include and, or, but, because, for, if, and when.
What are the 7 conjunctions?
And, but, for, nor, or, so, and yet—these are the seven coordinating conjunctions. To remember all seven, you might want to learn one of these acronyms: FANBOYS, YAFNOBS, or FONYBAS. Coordinating conjunctions connect words, phrases, and clauses.
What’s another word for conjunction?
In this page you can discover 59 synonyms, antonyms, idiomatic expressions, and related words for conjunction, like: junction, connection, union, association, syndetic, combination, , conjuntion, accordance, congruency and agreement.
What is sentence definition and example?
A sentence is the basic unit of language which expresses a complete thought. It does this by following the grammatical basic rules of syntax. For example:”Ali is walking”. A complete sentence has at least a subject and a main verb to state (declare) a complete thought. Short example: She walks.
What is sentence and its types?
There are four types of English sentence, classified by their purpose: declarative sentence (statement) interrogative sentence (question) imperative sentence (command) exclamative sentence (exclamation)
What is sentence in English grammar with examples?
The sentence is generally defined as a word or a group of words that expresses a thorough idea by giving a statement/order, or asking a question, or exclaiming. Example: He is a good boy (statement), Is he a good boy? (question), What a nice weather! (exclaiming).
What’s the meaning of statement?
1 : something stated: such as. a : a single declaration or remark : assertion. b : a report of facts or opinions. 2 : the act or process of stating or presenting orally or on paper.
What are examples of statement?
The definition of a statement is something that is said or written, or a document showing the account balance. An example of statement is the thesis of a paper. An example of statement is a credit card bill. A declaration or remark.
What is the other name of statement?
A definite or clear expression of something in speech or writing. declaration. announcement. proclamation. assertion.
What is the difference between sentence and statement?
A sentence is a group of words consisting of a subject and predicate. (noun and verb) A statement can be a sentence if asserting something either verbally or written. However statement has other meaning in English. A person can make a statement without any words.
What is an example of a statement sentence?
A statement sentence usually has a structure characterized by a subject followed by a predicate. Example of a statement sentence: Charlie delivers the newspapers twice a day. … Imperative sentences (or commands) have an implied subject, and so the subject (most often “you”) is usually unspoken.
What are the types of sentences?
What Are the Four Types of Sentences?
- Declarative sentence.
- Imperative sentence.
- Interrogative sentence.
- Exclamatory sentence.
What is the relationship between a sentence and statement?
A sentence is a group of words that usually have a subject, verb and information about the subject. Remember: A sentence can be a statement, question or command. A statement is a basic fact or opinion. It is one kind of sentence.