Do painting companies make good money?
Because most painters barely make a living – even “established owners” often make well under $100,000 a year. Frankly, it’s not worth the trouble for that take-home pay. You’d be better off getting a job and letting someone else deal with the risk and headaches.
How do you bid painting jobs?
How to estimate painting jobs
- Visit the client’s space for a consultation and measurements.
- Estimate how much time it will take you to complete the job.
- Multiply the time by the cost of labor.
- Add your materials, overhead costs, and your desired profit margin.
How do I market my painting business?
How to market a painting business
- Claim, monitor, and grow your Google My Business profile.
- Build a painting business website and target local and service specific keywords.
- Take advantage of online ads through social media or search engine marketing.
- Try out direct and digital mail.
How do you bid on a commercial painting job?
5 Tips To Win a Commercial Painting Project Bid
- Go to the job site. You can only tell so much from a picture. …
- Measure accurately. Take the time to actually measure everything that is going to be painted, including wall square footage and ceiling height. …
- Clarify the scope of the project. …
- Discuss materials. …
- Be professional. …
- About the Author.